From this page you can download FOODfiles™ 2016. This provides the complete data set as a desk reference. For searching specific information we recommend you access target data via the online Search .
New Zealand FOODfiles™ 2016 Version 01 replaces the New Zealand FOODfiles™ 2014 Version 01. Data is presented for 2,631 foods: 84 core components for in the Standard Version and up to 360 components in the Unabridged Version.
Note: The Unabridged Version and some Records in the Standard Version do not contain values for every nutritional component for every food.
The manual provides more technical information about the data provided in the New Zealand Food Composition Database. To access the FOODfiles™ Manual, use the link below.
Links to Download and Archive
The download of FOODfiles™ contains files within a number of folders. These are available in two formats: as tilde delimited ASCII text files and as Microsoft Office Excel® files.
- Principal files:
- ‘Standard DATA.AP’ contains data in a table format
- ‘Standard DATA.FT’ contains data in a list format along with source codes [for information on source codes see the FOODfiles™ manual]
- ‘Unabridged DATA.AP’ contains data in a table format
- ‘Unabridged DATA.FT’ contains data in a list format along with source codes [for information on source codes see the FOODfiles™ manual]
- ‘CSM.FT’ contains common standard measures along with density
- ‘INGREDIENT.FT’ contains data on the individual entries used to create composite samples and where relevant the Nutrient Retention Factor ID
- Supporting files:
- ‘NAME.FT’ provides full food details including more detailed description and sampling details
- ‘NRF.FT’ contains the nutrient retention factors used where food have been prepared (e.g. boiled)
- ‘Standard CODE.FT’ provides a list of the components included in the standard dataset, their identifier and unit
- ‘Unabridged’ CODE.FT’ provides a list of the components included in the standard dataset, their identifier and unit
- ‘YF.FT’ gives the yield factors for foods that have been cooked
- Update files: these three files provide the details of changes from FOODfiles™ 2014 to 2016.
All files are provided via a Microsoft ® Windows ® installer. Use “My Computer” or “Windows Explorer” to browse to the folder (where you saved the installation program when downloading it) and double click on the installer FOODfilesSetup(.msi) to begin the installation. (NOTE: you may not be able to see the .msi extension, depending on your computer settings).
To install the New Zealand FOODfiles™ 2016 Version 01 data on a Windows computer:
- Click on the download link below
- When the File Download dialog box (“Do you want to run or save this file?”) appears, click Run
- If a security warning dialog appears (“Do you want to run this software”), click Run
If you don’t specify otherwise during the installation, New Zealand FOODfiles™ 2016 Version 01 will be installed in the folder \FOODfiles on your C: drive.
If you wish to remove New Zealand FOODfiles™ 2016 Version 01 from your computer:
- Open the Control Panel on your Computer using Start | Control Panel
- Choose Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- Choose FOODfiles™ Data and follow the onscreen instructions.
This archive contains old versions of New Zealand FOODfiles™, which are provided as a reference source for those who wish to see the data as it was at a point in time.